Science

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Houston, We Have A Problem
by Kamila Moravcikova


There are people that admire all the astronauts and call them heroes. Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate that they've been doing something that helps exploring planets, cosmos, learning something more about how all this around begun. I have never been NASA or flying to space nut. However, my friends were interested in doing space shuttle maquettes, kept collecting badges, posters, researching informations about most modern technologies, watching Star Trek and talked about Apollo program all the time. Everyone of them wanted to be an astronaut. They all wanted to be better than Neil Armstrong was. They wanted to land on Mars. They were obsessed and founded "One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind" fan club. Many ears later I realized where was the problem. I was afraid of heights. I was afraid of flying. I tried to avoid flying and spent hours and hours sitting in an awful bus or boat pretending that flying somewhere could be faster, but not so thrilling or at least extraordinary! But the day when I was forced to face my fear finally came. Like a victim, like a martyr I sat down, buckled up and waited for something I'd xpected to be the last day of my life. With eyes closed, trembling with fear, I wasn't able to do any move. Well, I did it. Still, I'm not the greater fun of flying. But I can survive it, at least. One small step for man, one giant leap me.

related story: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080119/ap_on_sc/moon_rocket;_ylt=Al1xaK43YOA6Xbz1.jm4m4Ks0NUE
by Kamila Moravcikova
for PocketNews (http://pocketnews.tv)

PocketNews is a new real-time news broadcaster delivering the latest and hottest news right to your pocket ! With global clients who want to be kept up to date, PocketNews is everyone's way of keeping in touch with the World.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home